Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake Awesomeness-REPOST

Well, for my fellow Americans, it's THANKSGIVING!  A day to remember all the blessings and things we're thankful for.  And a day for doing what we're best at....eating.  ;)

I'm in charge of bringing dessert for tomorrow's feast, and instead of doing traditional pumpkin pie, I wanted to try something new, but with the pumpkin theme.  I found an awesome recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake!  Right now, my pies are in the oven, and my house is being overtaken by the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin.  Delish!  Can't wait to try them tomorrow!

So, if you want to make your own, here's the recipe.  This makes two 9-inch pies.


2   9 inch pie crusts.  (I did traditional graham cracker crust, but the recipe says you could make gingersnap cookie crusts)
3  8 oz packages of cream cheese softened
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
1  16 oz can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  2. In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and spices on medium speed until smooth.
  3. Add pumpkin puree and eggs.  Beat on low speed until smooth.
  4. Pour into pie shells.
  5. Bake until center is firm, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
  6. Cool to room temperature.  Refrigerate at least 3 hours.

That's it!  Easy peasy!  Top with whip cream and it's delish! Happy Thanksgiving all!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and friends!! Pumpkin cheesecake! Yum!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm most def going to try this recipe. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my thoughts on this topic. I can't wait to read yours! :)