1) Which YA dystopian book is your favorite and why?
For me, I'd have to say The Giver. That was the first dystopian book I read (I was in 8th grade) and I was hooked. I loved the idea of not being able to make choices about your life, and yet still feeling like life was perfect that way. It really opened my eyes to a new world.
2) Which YA dystopian society would you LEAST like to be a part of and why?
The Hunger Games. Although I devoured that book, I would not want to live in a time and place where watching teens get killed was fun entertainment.
3) What are your top five YA dystopian book recommendations?
Tough one, but I'd choose The Giver, The Hunger Games, Divergent, Matched, and Unwind.
Your turn!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so horrible...I write contemp, so that's usually all I read! So sad, I know. I agree with you about The Hunger Games, though. I wouldn't have made it three steps without dying. : P
ReplyDeleteHaha. I would have died too. :)
DeleteHappy birthday sugar plum!!!
ReplyDeleteAny plans?
To answer your question, I have yet to meet a dystopian I haven't loved. What makes me love them more is what they go through and how they prevail. My fav: The Host. I don't know if I have a least favorite.
I love how you worded that: "yet to meet a dystopian I haven't loved." I may steal/borrow that from you! ;)
DeleteHappy Birthday Jenn! I confess, the only Distopian novel I've ever read was "The Hunger Games". Heartbreaking story, so I wouldn't call it a favorite (hated the ending, lol), yes, it would be a novel I would NOT want to live, and I'm not sure I'd recommend to anyone other than people wanting to study novel trends. Great questions!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! YAY!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed Possession by Elana Johnson.
I have to agree with you on that second question. I would not want to be in The Hunger Games society.
And I am still building up my dystopia reads so I'll have to come back to answer that third one :-)