Sunday, November 4, 2012

That Pesky To-Read Pile

Book Blogger Hop
This week, the Book Blogger Hop, normally hosted by Jen at Crazy-for-Books, is hosted by The Fake Steph.  So without further ado, let's get the BBH going. :)
Question:  Is there a book that has been languishing on your TBR pile even though you spent months anticipating its release?

Uh, yeah.  I have an overwhelming to-read pile, but one anticipated book in particular comes to mind.  I LOVED Divergent, by Veronica Roth so much so that in the review I gave it 5 stars WITH an exclamation point.  Those are rare, peeps.  And I was totally counting down until Insurgent came out.  I even pre-ordered the book.  The day it came out I was so excited to get reading.  But a few chapters in, I just couldn't get into it, and put it down to read other books.  I keep reading reviews about how great it is and keep meaning to get back into it, but other books seem to be clamoring for my attention.

What about you?  And how's your to-read pile looking?   

3 comments:

  1. That happens to me at times as well. Sometimes it is just the time in your life...try later??

    Stop by for my post if you like.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/book-blogger-hop-112-118.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've definitely been guilty of this. In fact, the book I'm reading now I've been dying to read and I'm just ... reading it so slowly! Now that I'm 230 pages in, I'm finally in to reading it. Don't know why it took me so long - it's a great book!

    For the record, I did like Insurgent. It had a great ending.

    Glad to find you via the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a reaaaaallly long TBR pile! The book I currently feel the most guilty about is the 5th book in Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. I ordered it soon after it came out (in May, I think), and it's still on my shelf! And the reason I feel so guilty is because I absolutely adored the first three books. So ... it's almost like I'm betraying the series by not getting excited about the latest book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my thoughts on this topic. I can't wait to read yours! :)