Anyway, it's a new year, and that means it's time to make new resolutions. Each year I pick a word to help me focus on my goals/resolutions for the year. 2012 my word was Victory, as I was seeking victory in three areas of my life and reading a lot of books that dealt with the issues I was struggling with. In 2013, my theme will be Greater. I think it's totally doable, as "greater" means striving for more greatness, not necessarily perfection, which is unattainable, or "good enough" which is living in mediocrity. Greater. My inspiration for this theme is the book Greater by Steven Furtick.
Anyway, here are the areas I am resolved to strive to be "greater" in:
- A Greater Mom: I want to be more purposeful with my kiddos. Spend more quality time with them. Take them to the park and library more. Teach them. Laugh and smile with them. Enjoy the moments, rather than dwelling on what else I "should" be doing. Because those things aren't as important as my little guys.
- A Greater Wife: I want to be more supportive and encouraging. I've realized lately how the majority of our conversation is about the kids or things we need to do around the house or figuring out what we're going to do for dinner. While those things are good, we haven't been talking about deeper issues. We don't talk about how things are going at work for him, or areas he would like me to pray for him. I want to do that. I want to be more of an encouraging wife, a better friend, not just the one who helps him by taking care of the house and the kids.
- A Greater Writer: I want to take time every week to write. I plan on doing that by watching a little less TV and using that time to read or write instead. Totally doable. :)
Do you make resolutions? If so, feel like sharing yours?
Oh, and Happy New Year!!
That's awesome. I definitely strive for these each year, every year now. :)
ReplyDelete2012 was a year of firsts and I think 2013 is going to be a year of changes. I need to flow with it. We're getting a mini van, looking into buying a home, etc. etc.
I don't make resolutions but I do think I'm going to start a mantra.
Awwwww Jenn!!! You are so lovely!!! May your star sparkle brighter and shinier and just more beautiful than ever this year!!! Have a great 2013!! Take care
ReplyDeletex