In honor of my birthday I'm hosting a Dystopian Book-talking Birthday Bash. And yes, there will be a prize! Nothing like a birthday celebration to host your very first blog giveaway, right?
Who: For those who enter Jenn Musing on my birthday and post at least one comment on a Dystopian Teen Read Review
Where and When: Right here, on Tuesday, the Teen Read Review Day, October 5th
Why: Simply because I love books about dystopias and would love to discuss them on my birthday!
What It Is: Since my birthday falls on a Tuesday, the Teen Read Review Day, I've decided to review not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE books that fall in the category of dystopian YA literature. Why five? Because my birthday is on the 5th. Which works out, 'cuz I have five YA books I've read about dystopias and want to review.
How It Works: Throughout the day on Tuesday, October 5th, a Tuesday Teen Read Review will be posted. Simply read the review and post a thoughtful comment. The reviews will be posted in reverse alphabetical order approximately every 2-3 hours.
How You Can Win: For every thoughtful comment you post, (only ONE per book review) you will be entered in a drawing. That gives you up to five entries!
What's The Prize: The randomly selected winner can choose which of the reviewed dystopian books they would like to win. That book will be shipped to the winner from The Book Depository.
What's a Dystopia: According to Wikipedia (I know, a very reliable source!) it's Greek for "ill-place" and is defined as "a futuristic society that has degraded into a repressive, controlled state, often under the guise of being a perfect place or utopia."
What do you think about science fiction books? Dystopias?

How fun!!! I love this! I'm a fan of Dystopian novels, as for science fiction I guess you'd have to name a few, I'm not entirely sure it's my cup of tea!
ReplyDelete