Creating Cupcakes (from a box, not from scratch) | Creating Characters (from scratch, it doesn't come in a box) |
| 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. | 1) Put butt in chair, turn off all distractions. |
| 2) Combine cake mix, oil, eggs and water. Mix together. | 2) Combine character traits, goals, flaws and obstacles. Mix together. |
| 3) Line muffin tins with cupcake liners— no more than 2/3 full. | 3) Set character on course outlined—careful, they may come up with other plans. |
| 4) Bake 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. | 4) Put characters through rising pressures, until they emerge a (hopefully) changed person. |
| 5) When cooled, cover with frosting. | 5) When completed, edit and revise. |
Bon appetit!

Very funny! :D
ReplyDeleteOh see that's where I'm going wrong with my edits!! LOL! If I think of edits as cake and chocolate then maybe I'd be enjoying and applying myself with more gusto!! Thank you so much for this fab analogy!!! this works for me!! Take care
ReplyDeletex
Haha, Old Kitty, I hate the revising/editing process. But if I view it as the frosting on the cake, then it's not so bad. Especially if it's cream cheese frosting. ;)
ReplyDelete