Unearthly
By Cynthia Hand
Genre: Paranormal romance
My rating: 5 stars!
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Wow. This story is DIVINE! (no pun intended!) I'm not a huge fan of paranormal but this one is different. It's as beautiful as the cover itself.
I loved the characters. Well, Clara is a little self-centered at times, but overall a very sweet and loving heroine. Both guys in the story are adorable, but I am definitely Team Tucker. I was enthralled by the plot. Every time I thought I knew where the story was headed Cynthia Hand took it in a different direction. I love that! I loved the writing style. It glided much more gracefully than Clara when she finally learns how to fly. And she flew pretty gracefully once she got the hang of it.
I did not want to put this down. And though I was a little disappointed by the ending, it's purpose is clear--read the next book. Which I surely will be doing!
Oh, and check out the book trailer!
Oh, and check out the book trailer!
In other Teen Reads News: Up next on the reading docket: Across the Universe. I've been dying to read it for a while now! But I may wait to start reading it just to savor Unearthly and all its glory for a little longer. (Again, no pun attended). Check back next Tuesday for Across the Universe's review. :)

Ooh it's a beautiful cover isn't it?? Thanks for the review and information!! I can't seem to play the clip - I'll try later but the story is certainly very intriguing and lush! Take care
ReplyDeletex
I haven't heard of this one, so thanks for the review. What a stunning cover!
ReplyDeleteO divine is right. I loved this one too!
ReplyDelete