Friday, April 29, 2011

A Manuscript's Journey: Part III

Oh.  My.  Goodness.

I started working on my manuscript in September of 2009.  Which may seem like a long time, but sometimes I went months without touching it.  I finished my first draft in August of 2010.

Or so I thought.  January of 2011 I started over.  From scratch.  I cried about it, but it was a necessary thing to do (according to agents' opinions and my husband as well.).  My story needed to change from first person to third.  My villain needed to be more villainous.  I needed to up the stakes.  A lot.  And so that required a rewrite.

So, thanks to ROW80, I determined to have my rewrite done by May of 2011.  Since I had already laid out a foundation (a weak one, but a foundation none-the-less) for the past year in a half I figured that was doable.  There were days I wrote a lot.  And there were (more often than not) days I didn't write at all.

BUT....

I'm happy to report I DID IT!  I finished my first draft of the brand spanking new manuscript!

Whoo hoo!

Now, I'm off to relax for a few weeks before touching the manuscript again.  Then it'll be revising time.  But now--it's celebrating time!

And just for those who are curious, take a stroll through my writing journey so far in these three posts:

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats- I can't wait to read it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Well done you!! Enjoy your rest - you deserve it!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jenn! Hope you enjoy the much deserved R&R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing!! That's really exciting. Enjoy your break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy your rest - well deserved - keep smiling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats really nice I line This Blog so much..........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my thoughts on this topic. I can't wait to read yours! :)