
So the kiddos loved the bulletin board I used year long, and I'll admit I love it too, though it does require maintenance. I made my bulletin board look like a book shelf and wrote "Building O
ur Brains One Book at a Time" as the title. I cut pieces of construction paper into varying sizes and when students finished reading a book, they grabbed a 'book spine'. They wrote the book title, author, their own name and a star rating (out of 5 stars) for their peers to see. I made a shelf for each class and at the end of each quarter, the class with the most books on their shelf got a prize. The kids got really into it, noticing which class was winning, and which classes were 'slacking'. Nothing like encouraging kiddos to read. :)For more bookish inspiration, check out my Pinterest board Book Loving
What are some things you do to encourage kiddos to read?

OMG too cool! I love it.
ReplyDelete