
I read this article yesterday. It was about a teen who read 325 novels over the summer. I am totally impressed. A 14 year old read about 315 more books than me! And that got me thinking about my reading habits lately.
I used to read ALL the time. Especially YA books. I guess I always viewed it as part of my job (since I taught middle school English for 3 years before becoming a full-time Mommy). But that article made me realize that I didn't just read those books to be able to recommend books to students. I actually enjoyed reading them for my own entertainment. Plus, since I'm writing YA novels, maybe I should be keeping current on the YA market, right? And so I've made it my new goal to read at least 2 YA books a month. And then write a review about them-recently read or previous loves. So, be on the lookout for my reviews! They'll be coming out every Tuesday. :)
So how many books did you read over the summer? And what are your reading habits like now? Have any reading goals you want to share?
Wow, that's almost 4 books a day. How long were the books?
ReplyDeleteCD
I do still read, but only when I have the time, which is not very often. A cozy mystery I can finish in one sitting, but a heavier book will take much longer.
ReplyDeleteClarissa, the only books the article mentions was her favorite "Vampire Kisses" and that she reread the entire Harry Potter series.
ReplyDeleteI write during the day and am my evenings are taken up by my family. My only window for reading is at bedtime. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to get through a book.
ReplyDeleteThough a wonderful achievement, I can't help thinking that reading 325 books in 3 months is a bit much. Where's the time to digest each one?
ReplyDeleteSaying that, I did use to tear through a book a day when I was younger!