Thursday, October 7, 2010

NaNoWriMo Anybody?

So, who's participating in NaNoWriMo this year?  I've participated three years in a row but never won.  The reason?  My novels never end up being 50,000 words.  They usually end up between 35,000 and 43,000 words.  And I don't want to cheat.

So, this year I'll be taking a break from NaNoWriMo.  I'll admit I'm a little sad.  But I'm always more disappointed come December 1st when I have a novel (one that needs major revisions, but a novel nonetheless) but no NaNoWriMo winner badge.

I'll still be writing.  And spending time with my little son.  And reading.  But what about you?  Are you NaNoWriMoing this year?  If you are, make sure you get your nifty web badge.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I'm doing it this year. One year I won, the other, I didn't. Hoping to this year though.

    CD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my thoughts on this topic. I can't wait to read yours! :)