Monday, December 6, 2010

Let's Talk Blog Design

So yeah, I used to watch Extreme Home Makeover all the time.  Haven't for a while until last night (a good episode by the way).  While I was watching it, I decided to do An Extreme Blog Makeover, since honestly, my blog was beginning to cause eye strain. ;)

I wanted to keep the daisy theme, wanted to keep it blue but less bright.  I know headers are a big deal to a lot of people, but I like mine to be simple.  Just to compare, here was the before pic...


So, whatcha think?  What advice do you have about blog design?  What do you like about your blog or want to change about it?

9 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm not one for moving the furniture around nor do I change decor too often. I think that mindset stems from moving around a house in the dark quite often. We live off-grid, so if the power bank runs low and the water turbine gets jammed with flotsam and jetsom sometimes the lights need switching to reserve supply, which entails hike to the power room, and not always - by default of stupidity - is a torch readily to hand. ;)

    So I guess I've kind of settled on black background: oh so familiar.

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's clean, sophisticated, and true to the original concept. I’m planning a re-vamp myself, but probably only on the 1 year anniversary in April 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it! It's very serene. I feel calm here. :-) I've been meaning to get around to improving my blog, but I never can decide what to do with it and then there's the whole writing thing that gets in the way (and the whole tv thing and the reading thing and surfing the internet...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this a lot!! I'll linger on blogs when I like the design, and avoid those that are painful, like white lettering on purple background. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!

    Jennie, so true. I get trapped into TV and reading and Facebook and blog wormholes and then before I know it, it's the end of the day.

    And Karen, I totally agree! For a while I followed a blogger who had blue background with white letters, but my eyes would water after a minute or two of reading her blog. So I stopped following her and realized I should probably tone down my own blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its clean and beautiful. more calming and growed-up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked it before, but this new version seems to have retained a lot of the same 'feel', with a slightly more subtle tone.

    One of these days I'll sit down and upgrade mine. I am definitely one who likes to shuffle furniture and change things up a lot...not sure why my blog has been immune

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! I am a huge fan of transparent headers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my thoughts on this topic. I can't wait to read yours! :)