Ah, 2010 is flying by! I tend to make a bunch of resolutions and as I reflected on the craziness of this year (switching a teaching career for mommyhood being the biggest highlight/transition of 2010) I realized, alas, I didn't keep a single resolution for 2010. I tried. For some I did much better than others. For some, I failed miserably.
But this year....2011....I have high hopes for 2011! But, in hopes that maybe, just maybe, I can keep my 2011 Resolutions, I'll share them with the blogging world. You'll keep me on the straight and narrow, right Blog Buddies?
Then here goes:
- work out at least 3x a week
- read every day! (hence all the reading challenges I'm participating in)
- watch no more than 2 hours of TV daily (no getting sucked into TV land!)
- plan meals for entire week (instead of the frantic, "What should I do for dinner tonight?!" scramble)
- comment more on other blogs
- eat more fruits and veggies
- read Bible every day
- plan more social outings with friends
- write/edit at least a chapter a week (much more realistic and measurable then my "write every day" goal for 2010!) ROW80 is a writing challenge that will hopefully keep me on track for meeting this goal.
What about you?
Please answer the poll on the top left and feel free to tell us your goals/resolutions for 2011.
Maybe we can all help keep each other accountable. :)

These are really great resolutions!! I wish you well with these! You can do these, yes you can!!!
ReplyDeleteI never make resolutions because I'm too flighty and unfocused to stick to any!! I think I just take each moment as it comes and erm.. wing it!! LOL!!
But I'll cheer and support anyone who is determined to remain focused!!!! Yay for you!! Have a brilliant rest of 2010 and a happy 2011!!! Take care
x
I usually make general resolutions...I can't even remember what they were last year, so who knows if I kept them or not! Haha.
ReplyDeleteThese sound like GREAT resolutions. I like 'em all, except I know planning my meals ahead is a lost cause. I won't even try that one. Also doing that extroverted social outing stuff (doing blogs is easier). Otherwise--exercising, Bible reading, eating more fruits/veggies, etc--all good stuff. I'll just copy your list, k?
My resolutions last year sorta got derailed by the writing. I used to plan meals a week at a time and I'd post it on the fridge. I LOVED it. I could have the meat defrosted, and always had all the ingredients on hand.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your resolutions! My big one is exercise. I aim to go every day in January--to recreate the habit so it feels more normal to go to the gym than it does to stay home.
I just love the cartoon.
ReplyDeleteI make the first resolution every year, and while I don't always make it, there are weeks I overdo, so over the year, it averages out.
Happy 2011.
I don't remember what my resolutions were last year. Good luck with your goals. I'm joining in on the row80 as well. I don't watch much tv but the internet is the big distraction for me. So one of my goals would be to limit my time and have unplugged days.
ReplyDeleteI've also got a ROW80 goal! Best of luck with your resolutions.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like some powerful goals. I hope you can keep up, but do cut yourself some slack. Maybe if you feel yourself fall, stagger your goals a little. Just sayin'. I'll be rooting.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with your goals. I am really looking forward to ROW80!
ReplyDeleteYour goals are worthy, and I think I'll borrow/steal a couple of those myself!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year, and here's to an amazing 2011