By Lisa Samson
Genre: Christian Fiction
My Rating: 4 1/2 stars!
Summary from Goodreads: "Scotty Dawn has all the freedom a fifteen-year-old girl could want. As she and her mom, Charley, travel to movie sets for Charley’s work, Scotty’s allowed to go anywhere and be anything. But there are costs to such a life. Scotty doesn’t know who she is, where she comes from, or who to trust. And who is the mysterious man they’ve been running from? Does he hold the clue to Charley’s big secret?
Scotty writes in her Hollywood Nobody blog, and the answers she finds are darker than she had expected. Will she discover who she can trust and finally make sense of her world?"
Scotty narrates this cute story brilliantly. Although she has a weird obsession with cheese, I found this story charming and cute. And there isn't an overtly Christian message in this story--Scotty is merely curious about a tent meeting she hears about and then attends. She looks for beauty and kindness in people, which is something I think all people strive for.
I found the writing style interesting. Part of the story is written in blog entries, some in journal entries (her journal's name is Elaine!) and the rest, normal narration. But something Samson did that I found very interesting from a writer's standpoint was she didn't use speech tags (he said, she said stuff), and yet it is was always clear who was talking. Way to go Samson! No wonder you won the Christy award for this fun book!

This book seems very interesting! Thanks for reviewing! ;)
ReplyDeleteThe book cover looks sassy and the blurb's most intriguing - a mystery and a rites of passage for a young girl! Thanks for the review and info! Take care
ReplyDeletex
Thanks for the review! Cute cover, and I like her name--Scotty. Wow, NO dialogue tags!? Amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds perfect for me. I love the idea of reading blog entries. I need to try this one.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds really interesting! Thanks for posting this review :)
ReplyDelete