It's my debut Monthly Musing, something I'm really excited about. On the 5th of each month I'm gonna pose a question for my blog readers that I've been thinking about. I'd love for you to consider it too and let me know your musings on the topic.
April's Monthly Musing: What author (dead or alive?) would you like to meet?
My musings: I would love to meet this guy....
Yeah. Him. I'd ask him where he got his inspiration for all his plays. I'd ask how long it took him to write each play. I'd ask him if he really wrote all of them (ya know, 'cuz there's all that controversy he didn't.) I'd ask him if he would want to keep writing feather quill on paper, or if he'd want to try his hand at writing on the computer. I'd ask him if/how he revises since he can't really copy and paste like I do. I'd take him to see a play and see what he thinks of theater now (with women acting, whoa!). Or I'd go back into his time and see him perform in his own play in the Globe Theater.
I think you get the idea. So, your turn....what author do YOU want to meet? What would you like to ask them?


Oscar Wilde! I'd ask who in goodness inspired his Lady Bracknell! Take care
ReplyDeletex
Wow. Your answer is so awesome. I do wonder what he was like.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I can pick just one.
I just finished a book by Joshilyn Jackson and she's a new add on to my list of authors I want to meet.
Hmm, I haven't read anything by Joshilyn Jackson. I'm adding her to my to-read list. :)
DeleteI'd like to to meet Octavia Butler and find out what was inspiration for Kindred and various ofther novels she wrote.
ReplyDeleteDorothy Lyons, the author of the Silver Birch series. My junior high years (the I'm-in-love-with-horses-years) were spent with my nose stuck in one of her novels.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the diversity of these answers! So many authors who have impacted us, it's awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteHmmm... I would probably choose Judy Blume. Her books helped me get through mean people and just general issues. LOVE her & love her books!! Thanks for checking out & following my blog btw. Returned the favor! :)
ReplyDelete-Riya :) (The Teen Book Guru)
I'd love to meet JK Rowling.
ReplyDeleteOooh, JK Rowling, that's a good one! I have lots of questions for her too! :)
Delete