“Where the mind goes the man follows.”
Totally needed this reminder. I tell myself "I'll just write later," and later never comes. I tell myself "I don't have time to write today," and so I spend my time stalking seeing what all my friends on Facebook are up to, and checking my email for the 7th time. I tell myself "I don't have a good story to write, no one's going to read it", and I avoid working on it like it's the plague.
But other days I think, "Ok, I'll just sit down and write for 15 minutes." And the next thing I know, I've written for 40 minutes. Or I think "I'll write before I check Facebook," and I do. Or I think "Hey, this story isn't so bad." And it isn't.
Where the mind goes, the man (or woman!) follows. Joyce Meyer is such a smart lady. :)
Can anyone else relate to this?!
OMG yes. This is so true to so many aspects of life. It makes me think that it's important to think and do positive things so that positive things will happen.
ReplyDeleteYes, I totally agree! Not just for writing, but for all aspects of life.
DeleteOh too often I let my body rule my mind. My body wants to sleep, is feeling lazy, just wants to dawdle and my brain shuts down! I need to do things the other way round! Yay! Take care
ReplyDeletex
A great quote, Jen. Joyce Meyer is smart! I struggle with the temptation of email, facebook and blogs as well. It seems this is my default go-to when I'm drawing a blank for what to write next. I'm trying to train myself to do other things, like make some tea or talk to myself out loud. LOL!
ReplyDelete