Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ!

A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help us grow as individuals, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.  The blogging friends who comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.


Kindness ROCKS!

To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!

For this blitz, I have chosen to honor Old Kitty at 10 Lives and Second Chances.  Old Kitty is an incredibly encouraging person, who comments on every single one of my posts.  And not just mine: I've seen her enthusiastic comments all over the blogosphere, filled with encouragement, support, love, and always accompanied with exclamation points.  I look forward to her comments every time I publish a post. 


To honor Old Kitty, I've decided to let her choose ANY book from my Teen Reads review archive that she'd love to have her own copy of, as long as it ships from Book Depository.  Old Kitty, let me know which book you choose and I'll contact you for your mailing address.  It's the least I can do for a blogging buddy who has brought me such love and encouragement. :)  Everyone else, if you haven't already please stop by and visit her blog and meet her adorable kitty, Charlie. :)

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for all of you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)

5 comments:

  1. Old Kitty has been a great supporter of our blog as well--great choice! Thanks for doing this with us!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so totally awesome. I bet you just made her day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Jenn!!!! Awwwwwww!!! I'm blushing!! Charlie's meowing! But I'm blushing!! Awww shucks!!! Awwwww! I don't know what to say! Except! Awwwwww!

    You are so kind, thank you!!!!

    Wow!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it Old Kitty! And I really do hope you enjoy Warriors Don't Cry. That book is so eye-opening. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay for Random Acts of Kindess! And books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my thoughts on this topic. I can't wait to read yours! :)