So while I used to use nap time as my writing time, if the kiddos' naps ever overlap (about a once a week phenomenon), I get in on the snooze fest.
And honestly, I'm not that upset or frustrated by this lack of writing arrangement. I'm choosing to spend more time with my kiddos during the day and more time with the hubster in the evenings. And if I happen to get some writing in on the weekend, or while the hubster is at Bible study, well then, life is grand.
And I know that when the kiddos are older and more independent, there will be plenty of time for writing. But for now, I'm spending lots of one-on-one time with E, I'm savoring the grins and coos and spit-bubble blowing of A, I'm snuggling and laughing with my sweetie, and spending more time reading my Bible. Yep, life is pretty grand.
What's going on in your life?
Sounds grand!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are SO right.
Who ever thought of that ridiculous saying.
You know who sleeps well no matter what? Dogs.
Those first years go by so fast, you are doing the right thing!
ReplyDeleteJenn, left an award for you on my blog. Please note the ammended rules :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. This is yet MORE proof that I am definitely not yet ready for children! How do you handle having to wake up so many times at night?! Sheesh!
ReplyDelete